September 9th, 2019
- Roasted Turkey
- Festive Cranberry Stuffing *
- Cranberry Sauce
- Peas & Carrots
- Cloverleaf Roll
- White Layer Cake with Holiday Sprinkle Icing
Whether spending time with family and friends or on your own this year, it’s always good to plan ahead for holiday meals. So many of us grew up with traditional menus. Now may be the time to change those recipes to meet your health goals.
This recipe for stuffing is the perfect blend for the upcoming holidays while allowing you to stay on track.
Festive Cranberry Stuffing *
- 3 cups breadcrumbs; 1 cup tart apples, peeled and diced;
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted chicken stock; 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries;
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Place in a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe modified from: https://kitchen.kidneyfund.org/recipe/festive-cranberry-stuffing/