September 9th, 2019
- Choose one goal. Think of one specific change you would really like to commit to in 2019. Break your goal into smaller steps. With smaller steps, you can see your progress earlier. This will motivate you to keep going.
- Ask for support from your family, friends, and co-workers. Let them know what your goal is and how to encourage you in your efforts.
- Stay positive. Starting your day with a positive attitude creates a good start to each day.
- Keep your appointments. Some medical problems can be avoided (and other problems can be treated earlier) if you are seen regularly by your doctors.
- Know your family history. Some medical problems can occur more often in families so keep your family history updated.
- Get 7 hours of sleep at night. Getting enough sleep is important for good physical and mental health. Turn off electronics at least 2 hours before bedtime for the best sleep.
- Stress needs an outlet. Some ways to manage stress can be exercise, yoga, meditation or prayer, talking with a friend or relaxing with a good book.
- Be kind to yourself. If and when you get off track, don’t be discouraged. We all make mistakes. Remember, to get back to the goal and try again! Do your best one day at a time!