A tradition of kidney-transplant leadership in the Metroplex.
In the early 1970s, Dallas Nephrology Associates physicians assisted in the initial development of the transplantation program at Parkland Memorial Hospital. DNA nephrologists went on to develop the Methodist Medical Center transplant program, which performed its first kidney transplant in 1981, and opened Dallas Transplant Institute in June of that year.
Today, DTI medical director Dr. David Nesser and several other DNA transplant doctors are affiliated with (and hold leadership positions in) the transplant programs at major hospitals in Dallas and Fort Worth:
- Baylor Annette C. and Harold C. Simmons Transplant Institute at Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas)
- Baylor Annette C. and Harold C. Simmons Transplant Institute at Baylor All Saints Hospital (Fort Worth)
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Medical City Hospital Dallas
Together, DTI and its transplant specialists provide thorough long-term care to thousands of transplant patients in and around the Dallas-Fort Worth area. In addition, experienced DNA physician assistants and advanced practice RNs are an integral part of the world-class transplant care provided at DTI.
Comprehensive, leading-edge services that transplant programs and patients depend on.
At DTI, our kidney-transplant team provides the full range of modern transplant-related care and services, including:
- Post-transplant follow-up by transplant nephrologists & mid-level providers (PAs & APRNs)
- Social services consultation
- Medical nutrition consultation
- Medicare-approved and CLIA-approved laboratory
- Radiology & ultrasound
- Glofil testing
- Vascular ultrasound
- Bone densitometry
- Coordination of care with referring physicians
- Research in immunosuppressive therapies
Locate Dallas Transplant Institute.
Dallas Transplant Institute
3604 Live Oak
Dallas, TX 75204
Appointment Line: 214.358.2300 x 6300
Fax Line: 214.366.6331
Refills Only: 214.358.2300 x 6250
Nurse: 214.358.2300 x 6360
(Visit DTI’s location page here.)
To reach Dallas Nephrology Associates, call 888.679.3169 or fill out and submit our convenient online form. For an appointment with Dallas Transplant Institute, call 214-358-2300, ext 6300.